dinsdag 15 maart 2011

EcheLondon 2011

After meeting Carol while we both were queing in Oberhausen for a 30 Seconds to Mars show (which was Karen's idea to begin with) we decided to keep in touch via twitter and Facebook.
After a little while we dicided that we should meet up again and I would come over to visit Carol in London. Karen would also be coming over and we'd have a whole weekend filled with MARS!

March 11th was the day! The MIM (Meeting In March) was about to happen! My flight was perfect and I landed a little earlier then expected!


Carol and Karen picked me up from the airport and it was as if I was meeting old friends that I saw just a few weeks ago even though this was the first time Karen and myself met in real person!
There's this instant bond that you have with fellow Echelon! That's how I see it anyways!

We went to Carol's house, since my bag was HEAVY!
I had my very first tea WITH MILK! And although I thought it was the weirdest thing ever, I must now admit it's a pretty tasty thing to do!

Off we went!!! For a long walk, to see all sights and the weather was absolutely gorgeous!






First stop was Buckingham Palace in all it's glory! A beautiful sight I must say!








We walked on towards the Horse Guards and to Trafalgar Square. Another great place to have seen!













We stopped for a nice drink and walked on towards the Big Ben! You just can't visit London and not see Big Ben... He was very impressive. Makes Karen and I look very small!!! I like BB ;)









After freshening up and having (I'll bet) a cup of tea with milk, we went back into town for dinner! Navajo Joe's and chicken Piri Piri was what I was having! Lisa Marie also joined us at the table and since she's coming to San Fransisco with us in 3 weeks, it was nice meeting her!
Dinner was really nice too! But it had been a very busy and long day, so since it was gettng late we decided to go home and go to bed!

What an amazing first day!


The next day we went to visit the London Tower!
It was a journey back into time and the sights were absolutely gorgeous!
A so called Beef Eater showed us around and told us some stories to get the feeling of how life was there centuries ago!








The buildings were beautiful outside and in and it's a sight worth seeing. My advise to everyone visiting London: go visit the London Tower because it's worth the visit in every way!
























We took a little boat ride back towards Carol's house and picked up some Fish 'n Chips!!! I had to have Fish 'n Chips while in England!!! It was yummie too! All the tastes and sights for me when I'm visiting a country!














So the next mission was... SCONES!
And it was planned for the next day!
We went to visit the Trocadero Centre in Picadilly Circus, another sight very much worth seeing!


We had a nice look around and took some nice pictures too!
Dropped in at an Arcade and decided we were gonna go back there after we had our scones...
Opposite the Ritz we had those little beauties! Had a Rarebit too with a poched egg on top and after that...
















The most delicous Scones with clutted cream and jam I ever had! The first ones I'd ever had, but they were delicious! It was worth the wait I tell ya!



So, back to the arcade it was!
I'll let some pictures just, speak for themselves...









That horse I must add, was the most fun AND pain I had in years!!! Although I had to ride it myself, I had no idea what to do and so it was riding me... HARD! Ohw if only I would've been able to have watched myself on that horse, who I by the way called Shannon. I don't know why...
Guess "Hurts like Satan" can be re-written... :p




Since going on an actual Red Bus never happened during my stay in London, I went with this one! Did it for me ;)










Anywho, we had a blast and were content when we were back at Carol's place! We were still in a gaming mode though, so we bowled and played Mario Kart on the Wii! It was fun!

The next day it was just Karen and me! Carol was starting her nightshift that night so she went to bed during the day and Karen and I went on a mission: English breakfast... The thought of it initially grossed me out, but it was 11.30 by the time we got to the little diner so it wasn't neccesarily breakfast anymore! It was a really good dish! It even suprised Karen! It was really good!












After "brunch" we went for a walk in Battersea Park... Another amazing place! So many wonderfull sights and views!












You can tell by this tree blossoming how beautiful the weather was! It was like springtime in London and it made the trip even more beautiful! I concider us lucky! Very lucky!



















Karen is overlooking the river Thames!












All in all this was a perfect weekend! I'm grateful, once again, that because of MARS I was able to meet more amazing people like Carol and Karen! And we gotta love our personal Echelon online dating site called: twitter!
We listened and watched quite a bit of 30 Seconds to Mars. From acoustic songs, to Rock am Ring and Jared on Chattyman!
I want to thank Carol for inviting me over to her place and makling me feel so welcome. And Karen for being there too and making this weekend so much fun for the 3 of us! I loved everything about this weekend and I'll see you in 3 weeks in San Fransisco baby!!!

To finish: Carol and Karen, you're funny f*cking c*nts ;)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten