dinsdag 12 april 2011

Mars in San Jose and Los Angeles

"I'm not gonna travel half way across the world to watch a band that I have seen several times last year!"

To be honest, that was the first thing that came out of my fingers (since I typed it on twitter I think) when my London friends asked me to join them to a 30 Seconds to Mars show in the states!
It would cost me a fortune I figured, and it's not like I never had the opportunity to see them live before! They came to Europe, better yet, the Netherlands themselves...
But turning the whole thing into a week in San Francisco and then ending it with a show in San Jose did sound great! San Francisco is one of those places I've always wanted to visit anyways!
After some thoughts I decided to just go for it! Do something crazy for once and enjoy all my possiblities as a young, single woman! I can do pretty much whatever I wanna do right now, so why am I not doing it?!
Not only was I gonna meet up with my friends from the UK, within a few days, 2 of my Dutch Echelon sistahs told me they were gonna come with me!!!




We were gonna stay at hotel TOMO (you can imagine that when we found out about a hotel called Tomo, we stopped looking for another hotel) in San Francisco for 6 nights. Exploring San Fran and driving to San Jose for the gig and back! It didn't take too long for me to also decide that I was gonna buy a GT just like my UK sistahs did! If you're gonna do it, you might aswell do it right!
I was gonna go to the states, stay in one of the most amazing places in the world and finally MEET my favorite band! And all of this with some of the great people I met because of the band!

To make things even better (yes, it was possible) MARS announced another show in Los Angeles, the day after San Jose!!! Initially we thought we'd drive up and down, but then decided flying would take us a lot less time!!! Didn't buy GT's for that show, cuz I figured it is one of those 'one time things', but we bought seeting tics!

Both shows were amazing, and after a few gigs in Europe, it was great to see the guys all excited to be back home! I enjoyed it A LOT! The most special part was hearing ALIBI full band in San Jose. If you know me, you know how much that particular song means to me! A little tear escaped during it... It was gorgeous!
























Though we bought a ticket that originally did say that it was including "early entree" we didn't get it! Well, we got 1/4 of the barrier... That sucked and I have to say I was really pissed about this, as was pretty much everybody else!
This crowd was very pushy, and it made me decide to step away from my 2nd row view eventually to be able to breathe and dry up a little! God I was sweaty from trying my best to stand my ground!




And then... This was the first time I was happy about the show being over, cuz it meant just one thing... MEET AND GREET!!!
We gathered and had some time to use the bathroom and freshen up a little... Re-doing my make-up wasn't gonna help, so I just cleaned myself a little and sprayed on a little perfume ;) Don't wanna be the stinky girl...

We all got our goody-bags and waited for the guys in a gym!
All of a sudded they were there! And Jared asked us how we were doing and if we enjoyed the show... DUH! I always do!!! When Jared asked if anybody had a question, no one came up with one!!! O_O Are they serious? I couldn't come up with a question either, cuz I didn't really have any, but silence wasn't gonna cut it for me! :p So I raized my hand and when the guys looked at me I just went: "I don't have a question, but I just wanna say THANK YOU FOR PLAYING ALIBI FULL BAND TONIGH!" Quite a few people agreed and after me, a lot more people started asking questions... Thank god!

Then the signing came, and they took their time to please everybody! The girl next to me wanted her leg signed... All I kept thinking was: "that's gonna wear off, soon! What a shame..." But I'm sure it meant a lot to her ;)
I had a card signed for my brother (cuz I now felt sorry he couldn't be there and miss out on this special moment) and I gave a card that I made for the guys as a graditude-thing to Shannon. He seemned really gratefull for it, and so did Jared when I told him what I gave Shannon. I sure hope they read it, cuz it came from my heart ;)

Then picture time!
Jared did say that he liked my shirt during the signing, but he really told me how much he liked it when I was standing next to him for the picture. I figured it would be: a "take-your-position,-flash,-and off you go" kind of thing... Not for me! Jared and I talked about the shirt for a while, while Shannon was making funny faces to the camera next to me!!! That guy is hylarious! Or it could've been the jetlag that got the better of him, I don't know. Looking back at the pictures, he sure cracked me up!
Tomo was a bit quied, tired I guess, but he did listen to what I was telling Jared. He seemned interested in what I was saying! Bless him!

I noticed that all this time pictures were taken and I had to make sure with the photographer that I was still gonna get a decent one! Me and my big mouth... Epic!




Eventually we did "strike a pose" together and the pic came out pretty good I think! They guys looked great and came across as ordinary people to me! Not once was I nervous, or did I feel like I was in a dream or whatever... Or maybe it's just me being sober when it comes to things like that :p I just had a great experience with the guys who's music makes me feel happy!
I'm really glad I did this, and even though I still think it should be a one time experience, I sure would love to share it once more with my brother!



Another THANK YOU to Jared, Shannon and Tomo and everybody else who makes this possible! It's an experience I will never forget, nor regret ;)

1 opmerking: