dinsdag 14 juni 2011

MARS at Pinkpop 2011

It's a beautiful sky!!!

The sun is shining, everybody's spirits are up... We're ready for a beautiful festival day!
I had never been to one, but I had never had a reason to go ;) This time I did! I had a fantastic reason to go to Pinkpop (just the monday) My reason was: 30 Seconds to Mars!!!






3 Of my sistahs drove up there with me and after a quick bite on the way we were ready for a day filled with good music!
My day did start out with a bummer, because I wasn't allowed to bring my inflatable 30 with me!!! Crazy rules these festivals have...




Anywho...
We met up with some more sistahs in the crowd and enjoyed a couple of surprisingly good and fun acts: Beatsteaks, the Gaslight Anthem, the Script and 30 Seconds to Mars!!!
As you can see, I was actually enjoying these performances a lot. Especially the Script since I knew several of their songs!

















Though the weather forecast predicted rain, not a drop fell during the hours we were standing in front of the 3FM stage! The sun was shining and there was a perfect breeze to keep us from getting hot... Although, we got very hot as soon as MARS started...
Though they didn't start as they usually do! I had to get used to it, and it's not my favorite way of opening the show. But I'm guessing there's a reason for everything ;)




Tomo walks on stage and we all go fucking insane!!! Love that man!







Not too long after him, Shannon appears from behind his EPIC kit! (looking good in purple there Shan... dahum!)







To complete this magnificent trio, Jared walks on aswell! Looking fly as always!















A Beautiful Lie is the first song they play... Not Escape as I was expecting :p And I was kinda bummed they didn't do NOTH, but I guess I'm just a little rusty after all the shows I've seen haha! They're epic either way... As long as they play ATTACK!!! That's my song!!! And they did ;)
This Is War was a great moment too, so nice to have so many people sing along to this amazing music! If you look close, you can see a sprakle in 3 sets of eyes up there ;)



























Jared even had his own extented stage ;) Though he didn't jump into the crows as he usually does during The Kill, he did walk up and down this "catwalk" several times to come check us out!














The interaction with the crowd was outstanding, as always! J sure knows how to work a crowd!!! A big ass picture was made from the stage view! Sooooo many people!!!











I met up with some more sistahs after the show and we took a nice picture with the, now empty stage in the back ;) What a special thing we all have!














I enjoyed every second of the show and as always it freaking sucks to have it end... During Kings and Queens a shitload of people got on stage... Agressive moment I tell ya, you either have to fight your way over the barrier of be tough and hold your ground ;) After my amazing M&G, it's no longer my mission to be recognized by either one of the guys. Every moment I have with them from now on is a bonus in my opinion! Jared mentionned this was the last time in a long time they'd come visit our little country and I heard some protesting and boo-ing coming from the crowd... I personally am very glad and feel incredibly blessed with all the shows they did give us! With, like I said, the amazing time I had with them during my meet and greet in San Jose... If some time away from the road is what they need, I couldn't wish it for them more! They desearve it! THANK YOU GUYS!!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten